VBS BOLT IS HERE!
On August 2, you will have access to all of the BOLT videos, crafts and games. Check it out below…
Join us online for Communion Sunday and to contemplate this question, how do we know we are worthy? It’s not by our accomplishments, not by our ability to overcome our sinful nature, not by our looks or achievements, but by the fact that Jesus considered us worth dying for! He ascribes that much worth to us. Our worth comes from HIS estimation of us. Worth dying for. You won’t want to miss it.
Shepherding the Flock:
A summary of the July, 2020 Session Meeting
Submitted by: Dianne Larson, Clerk of Session
FPC continues to stay active. The Site Reopening Action Team is working hard on planning details for when we can reopen. They brought worship reopening details to Session this month. Session passed their recommendations and looks forward to receiving the full report in August which will include details on other areas and programs. Session continues to meet as needed to monitor the latest Dane County covid news.
- Worship and Music is working on equipment needs and how to connect various areas to the sanctuary.
- Session passed a new finance committee gift acceptance policy.
- Bolt Staycation Bible School will happen August 2.
- Mission is staying busy keeping in contact with programs and helping with donations as needed.
- One Bethel Series class is being planned for the fall.
- Fellowship will continue working on planning Chairs and Prayers events. FPC will host blood drives in July and August.
Site Reopening Action Team
RJ Binau, Elder of Buildings & Grounds
Steve Cable, Chair
Nancy Groeneveld, Director of Music & Worship Arts
Kirk Morledge, Senior Pastor
Liz Weller, Elder of Worship & Music
Tending to the gardens at FPC
Nancy Groeneveld happened to grab a short interview with FPC’s Mary Currie while she was caring for the plants and flowers. Listen to Mary explain a little bit about what’s growing at FPC!
Catch up on the Children’s Moment
Did you miss last week’s Children’s Moment in the service? Or maybe you’d like to watch it again? We will now be making each week’s Children’s moment available in it’s own separate video in the Connector. Enjoy!
Christa Schmeelk, Director of Family Ministry is excited to announce that 27 people have now signed up for this book group.
- Group 1: Read the first half of the book and meet in September to discuss. Then, read the second half and meet in October to discuss.
- Group 2: Read book in entirety. Meet multiple times the fall to watch additional videos by the author and discuss topics from the book.
Groups will be scheduled in August. State and county requirements will determine if there will be any in-person option. Want more information or have additional questions? Email Christa below:
This timely message, How You Can Help Bridge the Gap, from Joel Lewis is our most viewed online weekend service. If you haven’t seen it yet, this is your reminder to check it out! You can get the bulletin from June 28th here.
We know the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted everyone—raising the level of fear, stress, and anxiety for people all over the world and underscoring the importance of caring ministry. As a Stephen Ministry congregation, we equip and empower lay caregivers to provide high-quality, confidential, Christ-centered care. Our commitment to this ministry is extremely important during these uncertain times.
If you, or someone you know, could benefit from this ministry, contact the church office.
For Your Calendar:
Want to receive an email notification when the weekly Connector is updated? Sign up here!