Thanks for a great event!
Children’s Ministry would like to say a big THANK YOU to everyone that helped make our first Trunk or Treat a success! A huge thank you to everyone that brought their vehicle decorated! There were so many creative designs, and everyone looked like they were enjoying themselves even with all the wind! Thank you to everyone that donated to the treat trail. There were so many shocked faces as their buckets or bags kept getting heavier! They were all so grateful to be able to walk the treat trail during this different time. Thank you to everyone that helped set up and clean up. Your help was greatly appreciated!
It was such a wonderful feeling watching everyone work together to make this a success! We look forward to doing this again next year!
This Weekend’s Message
A Stewardship Campaign message based on Deuteronomy 26:1-4: Are you giving God what’s right or what’s left? Join us this weekend for the online message or at the Sunday outdoor worship at 10:45.
All Saints Day Remembrance 2020
Enjoy this video of remembrance of loved ones from our FPC family. We honor the memory of these Christian saints and allow their faith to encourage our own deeper worship and greater service to the Lord.
Celebrating Thanksgiving and planning for Advent
Christa Shemeelk, Director of Family Ministry, explains how to create a Thankful tree to use throughout November. Also, she also suggests ways for families to makes plans to celebrate Advent. Let’s get ready. Christmas season is quickly approaching!
Hope Grows Here!
FPC Stewardship Campaign for 2021
FPC member and Elder, Alice Honeywell provides some personal insight into why she gives to FPC. She shares a few reasons for giving: Alice learned from parents that modeled giving, she’s learned that giving is a blessing, and most importantly, that Jesus commands us to give.
The stewardship campaign letter has been mailed. You should have received your pledge card. We would like to have all pledges returned by November 22 when “the harvest of pledge cards” will be blessed during worship.
The 2020 Giving Trees:
The Mission Team continues to help those in need this Christmas with the Giving Trees. Due to COVID, wrapped Christmas gifts cannot be distributed to families. For this reason, we will be accepting monetary donations or store gift cards for each group’s tree. All donations should be marked Attention Mission Team and can be mailed or dropped off at the church at the mailbox near the church office entrance. Any amount is appreciated. If you’d like your donation to go towards a specific group’s tree, make a note of it on your donation. All Giving Tree donations should be made by Monday, December 7.
Here are the groups we are supporting this year:
- WEB Tree – The Waunakee Ecumenical Board has 156 families and 350 children in Waunakee that need help with food and gifts. Monetary donations only. No gift cards please. Checks can be mailed directly to WEB at P.O. Box 143.
- Soar Kenya Academy Tree – After recently opening their doors to 4th-8th graders they have found that, due to COVID job loss, many families are not able to pay tuition. Hoping that that this is just a temporary situation, they are desperately in need of funds to pay for meals for students and local elderly community. Monetary donations only. No gift cards please.
- Operation Christmas Angel Tree – for the Children of active duty men and women serving outside of the Country. Walmart gift cards requested.
- Shelter from the Storm Ministry Tree – This group will purchase gifts for the children of the single homeless mothers that are being served in their facility. Walmart gift cards requested.
- *NEW THIS YEAR* Sock Tree – To benefit the homeless or needy men, women, and children of: Friends of State Street, The Beacon, Porchlight, and Waunakee Neighborhood Connection. We are collecting bagged socks at the church main entrance on Sundays. Or arrangements can be made to pick up the socks at your home.
Our FPC family is always so generous during the Giving Tree season! Thank you in advance for financially supporting these worthy groups in our community. Have any questions? Email Glenn Myers, FPC Mission Elder.
Video Devotional: If My People Will Humble Themselves”
Reverend Jeff Quinto, Executive Director of Bethel Series and FPC member shares this devotional: “If My People Will Humble Themselves,” based on 2 Chronicles 7:14 and Micah 6:8.
For Your Calendar:
We know the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted everyone—raising the level of fear, stress, and anxiety for people all over the world and underscoring the importance of caring ministry. As a Stephen Ministry congregation, we equip and empower lay caregivers to provide high-quality, confidential, Christ-centered care. Our commitment to this ministry is extrememly important during these uncertain times.
If you, or someone you know, could benefit from this ministry, contact the church office.
Want to receive an email notification when the weekly Connector is updated? Sign up here!