All Congregational Meeting | Sunday, June 13
Immediately following the outdoor service
A Video Devotional for Pentecost 2021
This weekend, we celebrate Pentecost. This video devotion from Reverend Jeff Quinto, Executive Director of The Bethel Series and an FPC member, explores the coming of the Holy Spirit upon the Apostles as described in Acts 1-2, but notes that the Holy Spirit is mentioned throughout the Bible, from the first chapter of Genesis to the last chapter of Revelation. Enjoy the video!
Shepherding the Flock
May Session Meeting Summary
Submitted by Dianne Larson, Clerk of Session
Session had a busy meeting in May. Decisions and highlights include:
- Fellowship will host a Father’s Day Kite Flying event in the Outdoor Family Space after church June 20. Everyone is welcome to participate or watch.
- New Horizons may begin meeting again once a month in the Outdoor Family Space and move inside if the weather is bad. Session supports New Horizons.
- The June Session meeting will be June 14 because VBS begins on June 21.
- Dates are still being confirmed, but a Special Congregational Meeting will probably be called for Sunday, June 13 to elect a new Adult Nurture Elder.
- Session authorized Pastor Kirk, Worship & music Elder, and two other Elders to meet after Dane County releases a new Emergency Order expected May 18 to discuss any effects on FPC’s worship service and make changes as needed.
- More space is needed for equipment and technicians in the back of the Sanctuary. The current area was designed for one person and equipment repair is difficult because cables are in the floor. We hope to begin live streaming of worship which requires changes to the area. Session voted to allow removal of the short pew and wood desk and the inclusion of tables for technicians. The end pieces on the row would be designed to match the existing pew ends. A remote camera will be mounted above the entrance so technicians could sit at the table and not obstruct view from the Narthex.
- Acceptable use of the church information and internet has been upgraded regarding logins and passwords.
- Session will revisit FPC’s Long Range Plan at their June meeting.
Send us your grad info!
We’re in the final days to send in your info for participation in Graduation Sunday. Here’s what we need to know:
- Name of graduate and graduate’s parent’s names.
- Graduate photo
- Name of school
- A sentence about how the FPC family has provided support or how your interaction at FPC has made a positive impact on your life.
Send your email to Ezrah Schmeelk, Director of Student Ministry, by May 31!
What: Summer Sunday Worship Service
When: June 6, 2021-August 29, 2021
Where: Outdoor Family Space
Time: 9:00 am
Bring: A lawn chair
Say YES to: Social distancing, masks optional
New Daily Bread Issues Now Available
The Daily Breads for the months of June/July/August 2021 have arrived. Stop by the church to pick up your copy in the tote outside the front door. The large print issues, which devotions start with the month of July, will be be available later in June.
More upcoming events:
Student Ministry Hike
Any family that has a student in 7th-12th grade is invited to meet Ezrah and Christa at the Ferry Bluff State Natural Area trailhead near Sauk City at 10 am on Saturday, May 22. If you are wondering about a weather cancellation or directions, please call and ask Ezrah before you drive: 608-208-3262.
Memorial Day Sunday
On May 30, we will recognize members of our church family who have served in the past, whether discharged or retired, as well as those who are currently serving our country in uniform.
If you were included in our previous listing, you will automatically be included again this year. If you would like to be included in this listing and haven’t been in the past, please contact Sue Gade in the church office at 949-9445 or firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 24. Also, if you are currently serving, please contact Sue to make sure your listing is up to date.
Sunday School End of Year Celebration
Saturday, May 29 | 4pm Outdoor Family Space
We’re celebrating the end of the school year with s’mores and presenting the preschoolers and 6th graders with their Bibles. Bring a chair or blanket to this event in the Outdoor Family Space!
Rocky Railway VBS
June 21-23 | 5:30 – 7:30 pm
Full steam ahead for 3 rockin’ nights on the rails! We are thrilled to offer a multi-age Family Outdoor VBS at FPC. Join us in FPC’s backyard on June 21-23 at 5:30-7:30 pm. No meal will be served but take some delicious snacks to chew-chew on at home.
Because our volunteers will not be able to be “hands on” to help, we ask each crew signing up to provide their own adult crew leader–Mom, Dad, Grandma or all!
Register Now: $25 for the first passenger and $15 for each sibling. Adults and volunteers board for free! (Space is limited to a maximum of 110 travelers.) Register using the link below to confirm your train ticket! Registration is open to FPC families first. (Don’t take a chance waiting for the caboose!)
Volunteers needed to help assist travelers on the Rocky Railway!
We know the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted everyone—raising the level of fear, stress, and anxiety for people all over the world and underscoring the importance of caring ministry. As a Stephen Ministry congregation, we equip and empower lay caregivers to provide high-quality, confidential, Christ-centered care. Our commitment to this ministry is extremely important during these uncertain times.
If you, or someone you know, could benefit from this ministry, contact the church office.
Want to receive an email notification when the weekly Connector is updated? Sign up here!