November 22, 2020
- Share the peace and promise of Christmas with Our Daily Bread!
The Peace & Promise of Christmas, 10 Christmas Reflections from Our Daily Bread have been delivered. They are in a plastic tote at the front of the church under the portico on the right side as you face the church.Stop by anytime to pick one up for yourself, your friend or a neighbor, and discover how you can experience the peace and promise of Christmas!
- Our Mission Team continues to help those in need with Giving Trees this Christmas.Due to COVID, we will be accepting monetary donations or store gift cards for each giving tree. The deadline for all giving tree donations is Monday, December 7.All donations should be marked Attention Mission Team with a note indicating which giving tree your contribution is for. These can be mailed to FPC or dropped off at the mailbox on the north side by the staff entrance.For a list of the giving trees and form of donation requested, please see the Weekly Connector or FPC website. Questions? Email FPC Mission Elder, Glenn Myers.
- Our Stephen Ministers are excited to help support those of us who are going through hard times right now. If you, or someone you know, needs a compassionate listening ear, please contact the church office and we would love to set you up with a Stephen Minister to talk with once a week.
- As of now, we have received 75 pledges totaling $322,364.00. Thank you for supporting the ministries at FPC. God bless you!
- Drive Thru Blessing and Prayer at FPC, all 4 Sundays in Advent from 10-10:30am. Drive to FPC on Sunday mornings during Advent for a Blessing and Prayer for you, your family, or any other request if you want to share. You can stay in your car and Christa Schmeelk will be masked and pray for you under the canopy by the front doors of the church.
- Virtual Meditation of Hope Begin your week each Sunday of Advent for 15 minutes at 4:00 or 7:00pm. On Nov. 29, Dec. 6, Dec 13, Dec 20, choose a time to join in a personal time of meditation as Christa Schmeelk leads us using Breath prayer. When you want to participate on a Sunday, use one of the zoom links, be in a comfortable seated position, and be ready to breathe deeply to let scripture and prayer fill you up. Check this week’s Connector for details on joining the Zoom meetings.