Mission: "From His Hands, Through Our Hands"
Remember this, whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each man should give what he had decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
2 Corinthians 9:6,7
What you can do:
- Adding the church into your will
- Leaving a tax-free legacy by putting the church as the beneficiary of a new or existing life insurance policy (the premiums either lump sum or over time may be tax-deductible, please consult with your tax professional)
- Giving a gift or real property
- Giving investments such as stocks/bonds/mutual funds, etc…
- Giving of your time and talent to serve God by serving others.
Please contact the Stewardship committee Elder Paul Larson at (608) 849-4625 for more information.
- You can use real property, personal property, or cash to leave a lasting memorial or legacy to the church.
- You leave that legacy when you pass away, or you can leave it and enjoy the fruits of your gift when you are alive.
- Our wish list is located by the memorial to the right of the fireplace in the gathering place. Please feel free to view the list of items the church needs to better serve the Lord.
Please contact Sue Gade, Church Business Administrator, (608) 849-4625, for more information on Memorials and the Wish List, or click here to see the Wish List.
Ever since the new building campaign began many years ago, we have seen miraculous gifts given by the community to help fund the cost of the new addition to our church. In the spring we are striving to ask for your blessing to allocate a portion of your gifts to put toward the “Building Campaign” to pay for what we have already built. You can give anytime throughout the year, but we make a special effort to put it in the “top of mind” position in the spring months.
Annual Giving Campaigns
Each and every fall we help to fund the general expenses of the church. As we have come to know, “Giving is an act of Worship”. We ask each year for our community members to give to the Lord what is right and not what is left. Remember, we give back to God because He first gave to us. For more information about pledging and Christian stewardship, please see our Frequently Asked Questions document.
Time and Talent
God has blessed each and every one of us with unique gifts and talents. His wish is that we use those talents to serve Him and carry out His work here on earth. Whether your gift is teaching, baking, carpentry or answering phones, FPC has several opportunities for you to use your talent! Serving opportunities vary greatly in time commitment as well. We offer “one time” serving opportunities, “on-going” opportunities, and everything in between. While almost everyone is busy with their daily lives, almost nobody has given up wanting to find ways to “give back” to our Lord and His church. Not sure how you fit in? Do you need help understanding how your time and talent can be used to serve? Call our Time and Talent Coordinator and together you can find ways to “plug-in” at FPC.
Please contact Tryg Knutson, Time and Talent Coordinator if you would like help getting plugged in!